[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fixing DHCP networking

mike-romberg at comcast.net mike-romberg at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 18:17:50 UTC 2015

  Hi, I'm attempting to get as much of this running on openindiana as
I can:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xosview/

  So, far I have been able to get openindiana to run and install using
QEMU/KVM on my fedora machine.  But the networking fails to start.  I
think the trouble is on the openindiana end as every other OS I've
been porting xosview to (NetBSD, FreeBSD, Gnu Hurd) has just worked
right out of the box using DHCP with no interaction at all on my part.

  Does anyone happen to know a special way to kick, poke, prod or
otherwise persuade openindiana to bring up the ethernet interface and
configure it via DHCP?  I've googled and found some instructions
(creating things like /etc/nodename etc).  But none of the tips I
found worked for me.

Thanks,

Mike