[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fixing DHCP networking

mike-romberg at comcast.net mike-romberg at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 19:41:36 UTC 2015

     > http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Using+NWAM+to+configure+network+interfaces
     > Have a look at "dladm show-link" as well to see what networking
     > exists.

  Yea.  I tried out that nwam wiki page.  The examples found there did
not seem to work for me the way they look on that page.  Maybe I fat
fingered something.  There seems no way for me to cut/paste to the
console (running in QEMU).  So, doing all those configure tweaks is
tricky (compounded by the fact that I have no solars admin
experience).  I'm setting up another image to try again.

  I do remember that the ethernet interface is there and it does show
up when ifconfig is run.  There is also some sort of GUI widget on the
desktop that reports that it failed to get a DHCP address.  So, I
think there is some kinda automatic configuration setup and running
(using the install from here: http://openindiana.org/download/#live).
But for some reason the DHCP client on openindiana is failing.

Mike