[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail logging

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 21 12:52:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 09:07:06AM +0100, Jonathan Adams wrote:

> They are all logging to syslog, but on the original servers I get the
> "from=" headers and the "to=" headers logged in syslog, and on the new
> server I only get "to=" logged to syslog, and then only when the email is
> being forwarded to the smart-host, not on receipt.

Can you determine what has changed between the original server and the
new one?  Is /etc/syslog.conf the same, particularly the line that
redirects to /var/log/syslog?  The selector should be `mail.debug',
which handles all log messages with the `mail' facility.  You might
need to disable svc:/system/system-log:default temporarily and start
syslogd in debug mode instead.  This will show you all of the log
messages sent to syslogd.

If it's not syslog that's changed, you should look at how logging is
specified in the sendmail configuration.