[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help on Rescue Pool

Handojo handoyog at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 04:54:40 UTC 2015

Hi...

This is on OpenSolaris 2009.06 (b111)

I had a broken mainboard with 2 mirrored rpool, and 2 raidz datapool.
So, after I changed the mainboard, I can't boot into the rpool.

Then I boot into LiveCD, import rpool ( making / now the root ), and issue installgrub on rpool

I also import datapool ( mountpointed into  /datapool )

(Here I make mistake)
Somehow, I made a mistake by importing datapool, such that, the mountpoint is not rpool/datapool on the HDD,
but rpool/datapool on LiveCD's rpool

After that, I restart the machine

The system boots into rpool correctly, but /datapool is unavailable.

------------------------
pool: datapool
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened. There are insufficient replicas for the pool to continue functioning
action: Attach the missing devices and online it using 'zpool online'

config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	datapool  UNAVAIL          0           0            0  Insufficient replicas
	  raidz1    UNAVAIL          0           0            0  Insufficient replicas
	    c9d0    OFFLINE           0           0            0
	    c7d1    UNAVAIL          0           0            0  cannot open

------------------------

Now, booting into the rpool, with a new mainboard, causing the identifier of the disk changed.

The same disk is now c14t2d0

So, I run these commands :

--------------------------

%zpool replace -f datapool c7d1 c14t2d0

Cannot open 'datapool' : pool is unavailable

%zpool detach datapool c7d1

Cannot open 'datapool' : pool is unavailable

%zpool remove datapool c7d1

Cannot open 'datapool' : pool is unavailable

%zpool offline datapool c7d1

Cannot open 'datapool' : pool is unavailable

%zpool clear datapool c7d1

Cannot clear errors for c7d1 : no such device in pool

After this, I issue :

%zpool destroy datapool

%zpool create -f -m /datapool datapool /dev/rdsk/c14t2d0

and the datapool is created, and all the directory and files are gone.

How do I undo this, or how do I fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Handojo