[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help on Rescue Pool

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Wed Jun 3 20:34:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> After this, I issue :
>>
>> --------------------------------------
>> %zpool destroy datapool
>>
>> %zpool create -f -m /datapool datapool /dev/rdsk/c14t2d0
>>
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> and the datapool is created, and all the directory and files are gone.
>>
>> How do I undo this, or how do I fix this ?
>>

> Well you killed it, Jim. It's gone now.
> After destroying it, it is gone as I understand.

No, destroy just sets a special flag on the disks of the pool that tells
"zpool import" to ignore them unless -D is specified.  Creating a new zpool
on one of the disks did effectively destroy that one, as it writes new
headers onto it.  If you do "zpool import -D", it may see the remaining
disk that you didn't create a new zpool on top of, and allow you to import
it.  If it doesn't show up, you may need to also use "-d <dir>" to specify
where to look for devices.