[OpenIndiana-discuss] Libreoffice

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jun 10 14:45:48 UTC 2015

> > You write that LibreOffice is the "primary candidate" for an
> > office suite for Tribblix.  Why did you select LibreOffice over
> > OpenOffice?
>
> It's got greater mindshare, more developers, more users, shipped by
> more distros.

Well... maybe...

> Not to mention better and wider document format
> support.

That would be a serious factor indeed.  I need to research. :-)

> All the modernization and refactoring in LibreOffice (and the
> replacement of the old build system) have made it much easier to
> build - the old build system was far more rigid and fragile.

Another good point.

> > Anyway, more choice is always good.
> >

> Having a functional office suite at all has to be good!

:-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"