[OpenIndiana-discuss] Libreoffice

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Jun 10 21:25:56 UTC 2015

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Libreoffice, Jerry Kemp said (at...:

> I use several Apache products both professionally, and personally, and I feel
> that as a general rule, the Apache people have been very good stewards of any
> applications they come into possession of.

I would generally concur.

> Is there a big technical advantage using LibreOffice over OpenOffice?  I
> don't know.

The big advantage LibreOffice has at this point is marketshare, at least
in the Linux community.  As the Wikipedia article mentions, it's the
default office suite on many of the most popular distros, including
Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, SuSE, and RHEL.

 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)