[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg upgrade fails on java6 vs. openkdk7

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jun 16 05:26:53 UTC 2015

Jim Klimov писал 15.06.2015 17:49:
> Hello all,
>
>  Starting a couple of weeks ago, I can't upgrade my Hipster
> installation (previously kept up-to-date more or less regularly),
> because of a conflict between two java packages wanting to be the
> default (shouldn't a separate mediator package or optionally manual
> setup by a human make the choice instead?)

Hello.
What just plain pkg update -v do?

The change is that we don't longer provide Java 6. If you look on
runtime/java, you'll see that it is renamed to openjdk7.

$ pkg info -r runtime/java
           Name: runtime/java
          State: Installed (Renamed)
     Renamed to: runtime/java/openjdk7 at 1.7.76,5.11-2015.0.1.0
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 0.5.11
         Branch: 2015.0.1.0
Packaging Date: May 29, 2015 11:44:09 AM
           Size: 0.00 B
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/runtime/java@0.5.11-2015.0.1.0:20150529T114409Z

In theory (and on practice for my hosts) pkg update should just install
openjdk and remove java on update. I don't know why it refuses to do it
on your installation. If plain "pkg update" doesn't want to work I'd try
to pkg install latest java and openjdk versions and see what IPS doesn't
like.

---