[OpenIndiana-discuss] current status? - Re: [xwin-discuss] OpenCL or CUDA?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Sun Jun 21 15:11:40 UTC 2015

Its been a while since CUDA and OpenCL has been discussed, and I'm wondering if
there has been any progress, or lack thereof, on OpenIndiana, or Solaris, or any
of the other Solaris based distro's?

Assuming there hasn't been any progress, I'm wondering if there can or will be
any movement forward?

I don't mean for this to be a master of the obvious question, obviously someone
has to do the work.   Maybe more specifically, is that work done by the OS
vendor/group?  Or the graphics card vendor and/or driver author?  Or someone
else?  I would assume from the Wikipedia page that the software would come from
the graphics card vendor, in our case, most likely, NVidia.

I've been hitting the search engines, and the answers to the above are just not
obvious.  Much of the discussion centers around Apple, which controls the full
gamete, from hardware to software.

Jerry