[OpenIndiana-discuss] [OmniOS-discuss] Fix to VirtualBox installer under OI/OmniOS

Jim Klimov jim at cos.ru
Wed Jun 24 12:04:17 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Earlier in March I posted a patch that fixes installation of VirtualBox on non-Oracle Solaris hosts (e.g. OpenIndiana and OmniOS). Lest it be lost in the list archives, I moved the patch (now licensed as GPLv2 to match VirtualBox licensing) and an accompanying README to GitHub: https://github.com/jimklimov/vboxconfig_sh

Feel free to add the changes into the distributions (if you maintain packages/repositories), so such hackery won't be needed ;)

Thanks,
 Jim Klimov