[OpenIndiana-discuss] Who is trying to break in ?

Brogyányi József brogyi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 09:01:55 UTC 2015

Hi

Please check your mail as root. Just you have to issue the mail command.
I copied my mails. You can see some lost user in it:

/To: root at hipster.local//
//From: petersonal at hipster.local//
//Subject: *** SECURITY information for hipster ***//
//To: root at hipster.local//
//From: joe at hipster.local//
//
//hipster : Feb 21 14:42:04 : joe : user NOT in sudoers ; TTY=pts/1 ;
PWD=/export/home/joe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i6 -g0//

/The last was strange a little bit because he wanted to switch of the
server. I think you have to change the 21 and 22 communication port.
I use the 443 port for ssh. I can reach the server easily from anywhere
because every company left it open that port.

BR
Brogyi