[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to trace what stops the daemon from sleeping?

WarGrey Gyoudmon Ju juzhenliang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:25:04 UTC 2015

Thank you, Bob.

Finally I found the root cause is that pollsys is called too frequently.
and this problem seems quite normal in Solaris family.

I don't think I can solve it on my own,
Racket does not provide some option like -PerfDataSamplingInterval like
Java does provide for Solaris.

So is there any other workarounds?
Meanwhile I have to restart the daemon as long as it is busy in doing
nothing worthy.

and more, would it be better to use some other event completion frameworks
APIs (say, port_create and friends)
to take the place of poll(2)/poll(7d)?

Thanks in advance?