[OpenIndiana-discuss] Has anyone successfully built a new firefox on OI?

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 16:33:44 UTC 2015

> > Hi Richard and Apostolos,
> maybe we can add a wiki page and open a task on the openindiana tracker to
> follow the progress and dependencies.
>
> I see that for the latest esr31, sqlite3 needs an upgrade as we have 3.7.17
> in hipster and the requirement is (sqlite3 >= 3.8.4.2).

Hello,

When I configured firefox the system did not complain about sqlite3 (I try to compile
Firefox 36) but it did complain about Python. It requires Python 2.7.X (I am using 2.7.8).
Also, it seems one needs pulse-audio and the latest (?) libjson-c. Since I do not have
the latest bits, thus I don't know if its there, but firefox requires a very recent autoconf.
And I can provide the patches I have created so far.

A.S.