[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster OS update fails because of EFI support from Illumos

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Mar 10 12:25:47 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 10:23, Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] wrote:

> On 03/ 9/15 12:03 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] писал 09.03.2015 11:17:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Activation of BE failed, and I tried again:
>>
>> Hi.
>> Could you select new BE in grub menu on boot?  After booting new BE,
>> try beadm activate it.
>> ---
>> System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center
>>

> Hi Alexander,
> Many thanks. Hopefully, this will be solved soon... One day I might need
> to reboot system remotelly.

Hi.
The issue, as I understand it, is that there's bug in (old version) of
installadm, which causes it to mistakenly fail on MBR disks. It is
already fixed in
https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/9348d232b12debc31fa8e694c517ad8ecfd54bda
, but if you use installgrub from affected BE, you'll get the same error
again.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,