[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot get into X following updage (hipster)

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Mar 17 22:57:05 UTC 2015

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> Following update of an hipster install running as Vbox guest on an OI
> (151_9) installation, rebooted to new BE following upgarde, But it
> does not bring up X as in the past, so logging into my user at console
> and attempting to startx from there I get this error:

Egad.... I seem to have had a hard time spelling upgrade in previous
post.. including in the subject line...

A further note:  I retreated to the previous BE and had no problems
with X but thought it might be helpful to post what happens with vbox
drivers on a (non-failed) start of X and then a failed version from
the new BE

,----
|  grep vbox /var/log/Xorg.0.log
| (II) LoadModule: "vboxvideo"
| (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amd64/vboxvideo_drv.so
| (II) Module vboxvideo: vendor="Oracle Corporation"
| (II) VBoxVideo: guest driver for VirtualBox: vbox
`----

Same grep on new BE showing failed starting of X
,----
`----