[OpenIndiana-discuss] VLC build

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Mar 25 21:19:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, russell wrote:

> Hi
>
> Having done some checking it appears that Solaris/OpenIndiana does not
> support the strerror_l function and I found a reference on the videolan
> mailing archive to use  AC_REPLACE_FUNC
>
> How do I use this function to be able to replace strerror_l with strerror_r.

One approach is to use the implementation provided by gnulib.  See
"https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/strerror_005fl.html".

The use of AC_REPLACE_FUNC is documented in the Automake manual at
"https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/".

These approaches are most easily used by upstream maintainers.  If you
come up with an appropriate patch, make sure to upstream it so the
next VLC release just plain works.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn