[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade 18-feb-2015

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:38:05 UTC 2015

I got fed up one evening, and then I remembered working with Intel on my
old Solaris 10 desktop, and needing to set the resolution with
"915resolution" ...

I went back to my old files and found it, downloaded the "newer" version
from 2007, made some changes to it and got a working 915resolution for
Illumos that allows the modes to be set.

I then de-installed the intel driver from hipster, set the resolution and
have vesa working at 1280x800.

obviously not the perfect answer, but since the hardware acceleration on
the old intel driver (on the old intel card) wasn't the best, I have a
working, updated version of OI on my laptop, with no sticky's.

Jon