[OpenIndiana-discuss] Postfix

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Sun Mar 29 12:47:04 UTC 2015

Esteemed Colleagues:

I'm still hoping that someone will answer the question I asked this
past Wednesday, March 25th, about sound on x86 machines.  In the
meantime I have another question: how can I get postfix on an
OpenIndiana system?  Here are the relevant facts:

 /home/jay # svcs -a | grep smtp
 online          8:12:00 svc:/network/smtp:sendmail
 /home/jay # pkg install postfix
 Creating Plan
 pkg install: The following pattern(s) did not match any allowable packages.  Try
 using a different matching pattern, or refreshing publisher information:

         postfix

 /home/jay # pkg refresh
 /home/jay # pkg install postfix
 Creating Plan
 pkg install: The following pattern(s) did not match any allowable packages.  Try
 using a different matching pattern, or refreshing publisher information:

         postfix

 /home/jay # pkg publisher
 PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
 openindiana.org                       origin   online   http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
 opensolaris.org                       origin   online   http://pkg.openindiana.org/legacy/
 /home/jay #

As always, thank you in advance for any and all replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"