[OpenIndiana-discuss] new box build OI 201503 - 4TB WD reds only 2TB?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Sat May 2 00:02:04 UTC 2015

On 1/05/2015 3:08 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

> Try using text installer. Last text installer images will install OI on
> EFI-labeled disks if whole disk install is selected

so if I boot off the OI 201503 GUI ISO, but in text mode, I'll be able
to do this?  Is there a howto or guide anywhere?  All the OI stuff I've
been able to find doesn't mention large drives for rpools - the Solaris
11.1 doco mentions that it can be installed on bigger drives with EFI
labels using grub2 :

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E29006/gdgtz.html#disks-2

but I haven't found (yet) a howto to actually do this

Carl