[OpenIndiana-discuss] howto install OI Hipster 201503 onto 4TB drives?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Sun May 3 23:11:11 UTC 2015

After finding out that the GUI installer for OI Hipster 201503 won't
install to >2TB HDD's without losing a lot of the space, I'm told that
the manual/text installer will work.

Ok - can any of you help?

I've put EFI labels onto my two WD red's using format -e and just
labeling them as EFI.

I then try to zpool create :

pfexec zpool create -R /a -f rpool c2t1d0
I get : cannot open /dev/dsk/c2t1d0': permission denied

I then tried making it c2t1d0s0
same error

I'm logged in as jack:jack, using pfexec, from the most recent 201503 OI
iso.

I'm copying text by hand across from this machine with a seperate
monitor, so cut & paste is .. time consuming!  Can anyone suggest what
I've done wrong?

I'm trying to follow the instructions from here :

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Advanced+-+Manual+installation+of+OpenIndiana+from+LiveCD+media