[OpenIndiana-discuss] Antwort: Transferring everything in one zpool to be a, subtree in another larger zpool (Hans J. Albertsson)

Sebastian Gabler sequoiamobil at gmx.net
Tue May 5 12:26:19 UTC 2015

Am 05.05.2015 um 14:00 schrieb openindiana-discuss-request at openindiana.org:
> As a side note; just piping to ssh is excruciatingly slow, using netcat,
> "nc", speeds things up at least 4fold.
The method that worked fine for me was using mbuffer. (I couldn't make
netcat work, shame on me, but I also remember that there were several
pros of using mbuffer. I think one of them was the ability to use digest
to secure the transfer.)

See:
http://everycity.co.uk/alasdair/2010/07/using-mbuffer-to-speed-up-slow-zfs-send-zfs-receive/

That being said, it's exactly two years when I last did a migration with
zfs send | zfs receive. I hope that still works.

BR,

Sebastian