[OpenIndiana-discuss] force svc stop and start when changing SMF property

wessels wessels147 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:59:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

suppose I want to change the portnumber or path of a SMF controlled
service. No problem, but when I do change the property I can no longer
reach the service because it's still running using it's o
previous port or path. Is there an attribute or some way to let SMF stop
the service (with the old values), set the new values, and restart the
service? Without creating a wrapper to stop, set, start.

Thanks,
Wes