[OpenIndiana-discuss] All of a sudden I'm feeling stupid.... Where does the COW and the newly written data go for snapshots?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:20:06 UTC 2015

This is what it looks like on the FreeNAS box

NAME                             AVAIL   USED  USEDSNAP  USEDDS
USEDREFRESERV  USEDCHILD
Tank/cifs                        8.93T  1.45T     9.18M
1.45T              0          0
Tank/cifs at transfer_prep              -  8.24M         - -
-          -
Tank/cifs at transfer1                  -   966K         - -
Tank/cifs at now                        -      0         - -
Tank/cifs at auto-20150513.0100-2w      -      0         - -

I'd like to see what data is to blame for the 966K reported for
transfer1 as "USED"

Their ZFS implementation is not quite complete, but there are other,
management related, advantages to FreeNAS, so freenas it is.

PS, BTW, good to see Mr Gerhard on this list.