[OpenIndiana-discuss] All of a sudden I'm feeling stupid.... Where does the COW and the newly written data go for snapshots?

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Thu May 14 20:38:10 UTC 2015

Yeah, sorry, I admin a lot of Linux servers so I'm used to thinking of it
generically as 'noatime'. :)

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 4:02 AM, James Carlson <carlsonj at workingcode.com>
wrote:

> On 05/14/15 05:15, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> > noatime, isn't that a UFS specific mount option??
>
> There's a ZFS equivalent:
>
> % man zfs | grep atime
>      atime=on | off
>        atime            property
>        pool/home/bob  atime                 on                     default
>
> > Can this be done in mount_nfs??
>
> I don't think it's relevant for most NFS clients.  The server maintains
> the access times, not the client.
>
> --
> James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carlsonj at workingcode.com>

D. Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics
University of Washington
GPG key fingerprint: 0DB7 4B50 8910 DBC5 B510 79C4 3970 2BC3 2078 D875