[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana update files code 502 and 52

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:23:00 UTC 2015

On 05/14/15 09:25 AM, Predrag Zecevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess hipster-2014 is not available anymore. You should use 2015:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Wiki+Home
>
> quote
> "
> 2015-01-14 Default Hipster repository has changed
>
> The uri of the default Hipster "openindiana.org" repository has
> changed from http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/  to
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015/
> "
I think people need hipster-2014 alive for some time ,
to be able to update to latest and to have same package reference before
updating.
That is as general rule, but to Hipster general rules about distribution
'releasing' do not apply.

That is also why there is /legacy because it allows updating any old
Opensolaris installation to latest available, before updating to
Openindiana /dev.

Check your hardware and software needs,
because current Hipster have many issues with new X on older Intel
graphics and library changes that make Firefox,Thunderbird and
Nautilus(file manager) crashing of latest Hipster.