[OpenIndiana-discuss] - Gnome panel CPU consumption in oi_151a9

Christian Meier meierch75 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:56:23 UTC 2015

Hello Stefan
> I'm currently struggling with one of my OpenIndiana servers  - in fact the only one with installed desktop - where Gnome panel chews has gone wild after upgrading to oi_151a9. Since then, Gnome panel eats some 12 - 50 percent CPU time. Anything I can do about that? The customer insists on a desktop environment for the server, so switching to TTY mode is not an option. :-(
I'm not sure but I think I had such an issue also in the past.
I did not investigate much in troubleshooting, I had found out that the
issue is coming from a item running on the panel (in my case the
SystemMonitor)
I removed the SystemMonitor and added it back and the load has been gone

Good luck
Christian