[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Re: Support for USB3?

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Nov 5 20:23:09 UTC 2015

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Re:  Support for USB3?,...:

> I have had a good look (at Garrett's suggestion) and it is a lot of work.
> USB3 is more than just an incremental step over USB2.  It would be big job
> even if the underlying, notoriously poor performing, USB framework were
> retained.

Thanks everyone for taking another look and explaining why something that
seems incremental actually requires a whole lot more work.

Garrett's estimation that there are only about 4 people capable of doing
the work, coupled with the fact that it's not a priority and no where
on the radar, is very disconcerting, but I'm at least happy to have an
honest appraisal.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)