[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Re: Support for USB3?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Nov 6 07:14:25 UTC 2015

6 ноября 2015 г. 2:01:01 CET, Ian Collins <ian at ianshome.com> пишет:
>Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> I have wondered if it is possible for Illumos to detect USB-3
>hardware
>> which has a USB-2 emulation mode and re-initialize it to USB-2 mode
>so
>> that it can work with existing USB-2 drivers.
>>
>> Currently one is faced with using vendor-specific BIOS menus to
>> hopefully put USB-3 interfaces in USB-2 mode in order to plug in
>> keyboard and mouse.
>
>I'll have a look a some controller data...

Yep, that would be great. I want my laptop ports (the only ones that box would have anyway) to be basically useable for things like a mouse, printer or occasional flash cards. Don't require stellar performance ;)

"Barely sufficient" would be good, better than what we have, already.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android