[OpenIndiana-discuss] Has Anyone Succeeded In Running Firefox 43b On Solaris 10?

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Wed Nov 18 13:33:09 UTC 2015

Esteemed Colleagues:

Like all readers of this mailing list, I welcome the
recently-announced gift of Firefox 43b, especially inasmuch
as it was not given to us in closed-source binary-only form,
but, rather, the source code was also made available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting it to run on Solaris 10?  I have a
relatively recent (e.g., "zpool upgrade -v" goes up to 32) version of
Solaris 10, on which the following occurs:

/home/jay Nu? firefox43.0b3
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox43.0b3/lib/firefox-43.0/libmozsqlite3.so:
ld.so.1: firefox.exe: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/firefox43.0b3/lib/firefox-43.0/libmozsqlite3.so: symbol posix_fallocate64: referenced symbol not found
Couldn't load XPCOM.
/home/jay Nu?

On Solaris 11.2, in contrast, the program runs, although Flash does
not work (I tried it on http://www.att.com/speedtest and the site
reported that Flash failed to load).  Is there something that the user
must do to get Flash to load and to render such websites functional?

As always, thank you in advance for any and all replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"