[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster-2015 and /localhostoih gcc mess up (second time)

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:15:53 UTC 2015

On 11/20/15 08:31 PM, Predrag Zečević wrote:
> Solution is either:
>
> a) SFE has to fix gcc 4.8 to include
> /usr/gcc/4.8/lib{/amd64}/libssp_nonshared.a files (and maybe some other)
> b) OI to compile perl with gcc 4.9
>
> Any thoughts? Or maybe better solution? Maybe I am making mistake
> somewhere?

Maybe OI Hipster needs to be recompiled with gcc 4.9 (oi-userland) ?
I know illumos still needs gcc 4.4
And sure, 'localhostoih' must be in sync with hipster changes.

I also tried libreoffice4 from SFE/localhostoih and it works (not tested
it fully and extensively yet)  and I wonder about ApacheOpenOffice too.