[OpenIndiana-discuss] Σχετ: ANNOUNCE: OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros with gcc4 flash-plugin support released at bin PKG and the src on GitHub

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Nov 23 20:29:15 UTC 2015

Hello.

I've created test component for FF based on Martin's patches. Sources
are here:
https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/tree/firefox/components/firefox .

The issues which were addressed in the component:
- our GCC uses Sun ld, so I have to use wrapper to convert Sun ld
options to GNU ld
- it seems OpenSXCE has fixed headers, which doesn't have illumos
XOPEN_* mess, had to fix component accordingly
- some other small building and packaging issues.

Unfortunately, I couldn't fix component using Sun ld, so it uses GNU ld
(as Martin proposed).

Everyone is welcome to test binary packages
pkg://userland/web/data/firefox-bookmarks@43.0.0.4,5.11-2015.0.2.0:20151123T193026Z
and
pkg://userland/web/browser/firefox@43.0.0.4,5.11-2015.0.2.0:20151123T193027Z
from http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/

I've checked that plugins fork with this FF version. If no major issues
arise, I'll update our FF version to this one.
So, please, test it before it is in official repository.

Once again, thanks Martin for his great work. Without him this wouldn't
be possible.

Here are still some issues, like non-working spell-checker. Some Java
plugins don't work (but I'm not sure they worked with old FF version).
Also, as Martin has written in his
https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros/tree/master/README_INSTALLATION
,
our langpacks are broken and need some work. As they have been already
broken, I'm going to leave them alone for now.

---