[OpenIndiana-discuss] Σχετ: ANNOUNCE: OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros with gcc4 flash-plugin support released at bin PKG and the src on GitHub

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Nov 24 14:52:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am runing this new package, and for now didn't found new issues
(beside broken spell checker, it also dumps core on exit - this one I
should investigate better - it might be because some add-on).

Many thanks to Martin for his great work and Alexander for adopting it
to package :-)

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

On 11/23/15 09:29 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've created test component for FF based on Martin's patches. Sources
> are here:
> https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/tree/firefox/components/firefox .
>
> The issues which were addressed in the component:
> - our GCC uses Sun ld, so I have to use wrapper to convert Sun ld
> options to GNU ld
> - it seems OpenSXCE has fixed headers, which doesn't have illumos
> XOPEN_* mess, had to fix component accordingly
> - some other small building and packaging issues.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't fix component using Sun ld, so it uses GNU ld
> (as Martin proposed).
>
> Everyone is welcome to test binary packages
> pkg://userland/web/data/firefox-bookmarks@43.0.0.4,5.11-2015.0.2.0:20151123T193026Z
> and
> pkg://userland/web/browser/firefox@43.0.0.4,5.11-2015.0.2.0:20151123T193027Z
> from http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/
>
> I've checked that plugins fork with this FF version. If no major issues
> arise, I'll update our FF version to this one.
> So, please, test it before it is in official repository.
>
> Once again, thanks Martin for his great work. Without him this wouldn't
> be possible.
>
> Here are still some issues, like non-working spell-checker. Some Java
> plugins don't work (but I'm not sure they worked with old FF version).
> Also, as Martin has written in his
> https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros/tree/master/README_INSTALLATION
> ,
> our langpacks are broken and need some work. As they have been already
> broken, I'm going to leave them alone for now.
>
> ---
> System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center
>
> Alexander Pyhalov писал 18.11.2015 12:07:
>> Martin, thanks a lot. This could be the best thing happened to OI this
>> year.
>>
>> I'll test it and add oi-userland this week or the next one. I
>> definately didn't have progress with later FF port...
>>
>> On 11/18/2015 09:07, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>>> Great!
>>>
>>> Στάλθηκε από το Ταχυδρομείο Yahoo σε Android
>>>
>>>    Στις Τετ, 18 Νοε, 2015 στις 5:14, ο χρήστης Martin
>>> Bochnig<opensxce at mail.ru> έγραψε:   Demo-Screenshots:
>>> http://opensxce.org/.FF/43.0b3/i386/demo_screenshots/
>>>
>>> SRC:
>>> https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros/commits?author=MartinBochnig
>>>
>>> https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros/commit/a217b4c934e5ab7dceb2d8253f03ce8687e505c7
>>>

>>> The diff is also atatched and can freely be used for whatever you want:
>>> https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros/blob/master/FF43.0b3_OpenSolaris_x86_x64.patch
>>>
>>> <<FF43.0b3_OpenSolaris_x86_x64.patch>>
>>>

>>> BINS:
>>> http://opensxce.org/.FF/43.0b3/i386/

> [...]
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!