[OpenIndiana-discuss] openindiana-discuss Digest, Vol 63, Issue 2

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Oct 6 19:41:02 UTC 2015

Ramesh Chari писал 06.10.2015 21:02:
> OI is evolving into an awesomeOS...just enjoying it ! for eyecandy
> stuff, it will be awesome if i can set compiz run with intel hd
> graphics... !
> best regards,r v c

Hi.
I wouldn't recommend using Intel Video with OI Hipster (at least with
compiz). Xorg 1.12.1  and later requires KMS
support for Intel drivers to work correctly, and we don't have it.
I doubt compiz will be happy with vesa + swrast and don't know if swrast
will work on Intel adapter
with compiz. Even if they work, performance can be ugly.

---