[OpenIndiana-discuss] Moving zone

the outsider openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Oct 14 19:31:26 UTC 2015

I tried to move a zone from the basic rpool ZFS system to a larger ZFS
system on the same machine.

(The name of my zone is "zonegate", the large ZFS system is called largetank
)

Since there are many different "manuals" on the internet and I tried one
which told to do "zoneadm -z zonegate move.

But this resulted in a partially moved zone. Which states:

ZFS list

rpool/zones/zonegate                      9.90G  19.9G    33K
/largetank/zones/zonegate

rpool/zones/zonegate/ROOT                 9.90G  19.9G    31K  legacy

rpool/zones/zonegate/ROOT/zbe             9.90G  19.9G  3.11G  legacy

rpool/zones/zonegate/ROOT/zbe-1           85.5K  19.9G  1.96G  legacy

So i messed up bigtime.

And this zone is very important for its data, so I can't afford to make
mistakes.

What is the best thing to do?