[OpenIndiana-discuss] HPLIP-3.15.9 build

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 18:25:11 UTC 2015

Hello,
I built hplip-3.15.9 using oi-hipster 2015.10.
Seems to work for those printers.
We'll see if we can update the IPS package.

~ Ken

     On Monday, October 19, 2015 3:16 AM, Ramesh Chari <rvchari at ymail.com> wrote:

 i wish to connect to my HP LaserJet Pro MFP m126nw printer over wireless [configured successfully over dhcp as the return of "ping IP_ADDRESS_OF_PRINTER" shows alive]

the available hplip-3.15.7 [thru hp-setup] says it needs a hp-plugin to be installed but i cant install [GPG error found]

installing this printer is essential as multifuntion device is readily available. [for your info, i was able to build hplip-3.15.9 from scratch in elementary OS but i cant do so in openindiana. [OI lacks deps which is a long list. i try to manually install all deps which is not possible as many packages are unavailable]

can 3.15.9 be built and provided as update with support of automatic plugin installer for respective models as listed? i am sure many must be trying for this. if successful, help will be appreciated if shared here !

best regards...
r v c