[OpenIndiana-discuss] openindiana-discuss Digest, Vol 63, Issue 17

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 07:41:27 UTC 2015

On 10/23/15 06:27 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Just install the version suggested by Ken.
> Overall it works better than FF37 contributed by Martin Bochnig.
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Ramesh Chari <rvchari at ymail.com> wrote:
>
>> my firefox version still returns 24.8.1 and i currently use FF37 that i
>> installed from opensxce pkg... never upgraded FF37 till date.
>> btw, how do i upgrade 24.8.1 ?

There is a problem with recognizing passwords in Firefox 38.2.1 if using
Firefox 24.8.1 before.

I consulted someone on Mozilla IRC that told me there were and move in
password saving format in soem ESR in between,
I have on FF 24.8.1 signons.sqlite and 38.2.1 uses logins.json for
storing passwords,
so jumping first to soem intermediary ESR would be wise.

There are Oracle contributer sources for the paches for Firefox at:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/38.2.1esr/source/
And https://java.net/projects/solaris-desktop/sources/spec-files/show