[OpenIndiana-discuss] New packaged LibreOffice4

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Oct 26 08:13:20 UTC 2015

On 10/26/2015 11:01, Nikola M wrote:

> Thanks alp, just to check if I understood it right:
> OI hipster now removed g++ from oi-userland consolidation so that SFE
> g++ and SFE packages will be working without collisions and g++ is now
> installed from SFE with it's packages.
>
> Instalaltions of SFE g++ happens in place of previously OI
> hipster-compiled g++ and that is not the issue for OI hipster itself
> because it does not depend on them?

It's not an issue as we don't provide any content in */g++/* packages
(besides rename metadata).

> Question is what happens with current installations and are OI
> hipster-installed g++ packages replaced by adding SFE repository or some
> of them get replaced and some don't.
> Are g++ packages from OI hipster removed from oi-userland of they are
> still there, but not installed by default, so one installing them can
> still see collisions if SFE is added to instal external packages?

We keep A/g++/B packages in /hipster-2015 repository which are marked
renamed and depend on corresponding A/B packages. As libraries are under
/usr/lib now, they are picked by applications.
But if SFE application depends on later library version, it should use
SFE-provided package. I don't know if IPS will fetch it automatically or
user will have to add corresponding package to the list of packages to
install.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,