[OpenIndiana-discuss] Broken zpool

Rainer Heilke rheilke at dragonhearth.com
Tue Oct 27 14:00:28 UTC 2015

Greetings.

Some of you may remember that I had a couple disk failures recently. One
of those disk was the mirror for all of my critical data. The problem is
that, no matter what I do, I cannot get the data zpool functioning:

OpenIndiana (powered by illumos)    SunOS 5.11    oi_151a9    May 2015
rheilke at eris:~$ zpool status -v data
   pool: data
  state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
         continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
   scan: resilver in progress since Sun Oct 25 02:03:37 2015
     602G scanned out of 1.66T at 601K/s, 530h45m to go
     601G resilvered, 35.47% done
config:

         NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         data                     DEGRADED     1     0     0
           mirror-0               DEGRADED     4     0     0
             7152018192933189428  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/dsk/c11t8d1s0
             c6d0                 ONLINE       0     0     4  (resilvering)
             c7d1                 ONLINE       0     0     4  (resilvering)

errors: List of errors unavailable (insufficient privileges)

If I sudo the command with -v, it shows 3 or 4 erroros, and freezes.

rheilke at eris:~$ sudo zpool detach data c11t8d1
cannot detach c11t8d1: pool I/O is currently suspended

rheilke at eris:~$ zpool offline data c11t8d1
cannot offline c11t8d1: pool I/O is currently suspended

Note that the resilver is going nowhere.

I even attached c7d0, so that I could dettatch c11t8d1 without getting
the "Not enough mirrors" message, and now I can't detach either of them,
getting the same I/O suspended error. This was after I tried to run the
replace subcommand, getting the same error and nothing happening.

No matter what I do, I get this I/O suspended. I _really_ need to get at
my data. I deliberately used a ZFS mirror so that I could still get at
my data, even if a HHD failed. But I can't. I can't even see my data
when only c6d0 and /rpool are connected, and all other drives
disconnected from the system.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rainer

--
Put your makeup on and fix your hair up pretty,
And meet me tonight in Atlantic  City