[OpenIndiana-discuss] Support for USB3?

Private openbabel openbabel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:43:35 UTC 2015

On 28/10/2015 21:45, Rich Teer wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2015, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>
>> USB-3 is not supported yet.  I have not heard of anyone working on it.
> Ah, that is what I feared, but thanks for confirming it.
>
>> Consider ZFS on Linux or FreeBSD if you need USB-3 and ZFS within the next
>> year.
> Yep; I've already started pondering those options...
Theoretically there are adapters available for esata and usb 3 as a
short term fix but remain untested for example
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/ADESATA6USB3/
If a driver was available it would be best aimed at 3.1 or
http://www.mhlconsortium.org/technology.aspx. You may ponder Qualifying
corporate development funding for drivers in the UK under
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/cirdmanual/cird81960.htm

Robert Jones