[OpenIndiana-discuss] Install OI with Virtio

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Sep 2 06:56:45 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 02:19, Karl Rossing wrote:
> On 2015-09-01 1:06 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Karl Rossing писал 31.08.2015 22:36:
>>> Are virtio drivers integrated in an oi install iso?
>>
>> No. But you can create your own iso, which will include virtio drivers.
> I followed the steps
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Distribution+Constructor
>
> I'm unsure where to add pkg:/driver/misc/virtio

To <packages> section. But it shouldn't be necessary now if you use
fresh pkg:/server_install .

This section on text-install Hipster image manifest is the following:

   <packages>
                         <!--
                             By default the latest build available, in the
                             specified IPS repository, is installed.
                             If another build is required, the build
number has
                             to be appended to the 'entire' package in
following
                             form:

                             <pkg name="pkg:/entire at 0.5.11-0.build#/>
                         -->
                         <pkg name="pkg:/entire at 0.5.11-2015.0.1.0"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/server_install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/text-install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/media/internal"/>
                 </packages>

You should remove  <pkg name="pkg:/entire at 0.5.11-2015.0.1.0"/> to get
the latest bits and that's all.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,