[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Studio on OpenIndiana

Rick C. Hodgin rick.c.hodgin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 02:37:52 UTC 2015

Hi.  I'm new to Solaris and OpenIndiana.  I heard about it on the
comp.lang.c group because I was told SunStudio and later had a
fix-and-continue compiler.  I was able to download OpenIndiana from the
link below, and install Sun Studio through the package manager.  It works
great, but I'm finding some limitations in using it as a developer tool.

I was hoping someone could help me setup Solaris Studio 12.4.  When I went
through adding the publishers, and tried to add it through the package
manager, I get lots of errors regarding packages that should come from
solaris which instead come from openindiana.

Any help is appreciated.

In the alternative, if anybody has experience with development on the Sun
Studio debugger and can help point me in the right direction, I'd like to
add the "Continue at" feature, also "Set next statement", as well as figure
out a way to get a read/write Registers window.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin