[OpenIndiana-discuss] Multiple monitor support

Rick C. Hodgin rick.c.hodgin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:59:40 UTC 2015

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with an integrated ATI Radeon GPU.  It works
properly in OpenSolaris.  However, I have two monitors.  If I mirror them
the screen displays on both.  If I try to set them separately, I get the
error "required virtual size dose not fit available size".  It shows me
1920,1920 for the maximum virtual size, and it needs 3600x1200.

What can I do to correct this?  I searched online and found several Linux
solutions.  They say add the virtual size line to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  I
tried that, rebooted, and X wouldn't start.  I removed xorg.conf and
rebooted and I'm back to where I started.

TYIA!

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin