[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Studio on OpenIndiana

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Sep 8 19:54:44 UTC 2015

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Studio on OpenIndiana, Rick...:

> http://openindiana.org/download/
> http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/151a8/oi-dev-151a8-live-x86.iso

Rick-

There is also a 151a9 release ISO.  I've been using it as my work
workstation on a Dell Precision T3600 for a couple of years. I've had
very good luck with 151a9, though others have reported better stability
with 151a8, especially for things like firefox.

Since I installed directly from 151a9, I don't know if 151a8 plus software
updates puts you at exactly the same place that I'm at with 151a9 with
updates.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)