[OpenIndiana-discuss] OT how to test a monitor

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Sep 16 23:08:04 UTC 2015

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

>> Cutting to chase: Monitor suddenly will not produce a computer screen
>> from any host. All parts; hosts, kvm, monitor and keyboard have been in
>> use in this arrangement for same period of time.
>
> Try a hard reset on the monitor, meaning that you must disconnect the
> power cord for a few seconds and then reconnect it.  I have an Acer
> monitor that needs this treatment to recover after a power failure.

I should have reported it in OP bcause I've had similar experiences so
I had already tried that, anyway, yes I did try that... several
times now, to no avail.

I can also report that now I have tried a known working `Monitor to
PC' cable with no better results.  I get the `Asus start screen' then
the `no signal' error notice.

Can anyone say from experience if having a Monitor mechanic fix it
will be worth it?