[OpenIndiana-discuss] System will not boot, boot-archive fails

jason matthews jason at broken.net
Wed Sep 23 19:10:27 UTC 2015

On 9/23/15 2:12 AM, Richard Patterson wrote:
> Any ideas?

Two failed drives at the same time. Sigh.

Normally the odds would be in your favor but we are talking about WD.

What happens if you put in the drive one of those drives, you may have
to cycle through them to find one that doesnt hang the bus/hba etc.

You could also try limiting the time the OS waits on an I/O operation.
put this in /etc/system and reboot.

* spend no more than 10 seconds on any one I/O
set sd:sd_io_time=10

Then see if you can get the pool to import.

j.