[OpenIndiana-discuss] Keyboard issues with OpenIndiana oi_151a9 (and OmniOS)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Sep 27 19:44:36 UTC 2015

Since starting with OpenIndiana, I have encountered a problem that
sometimes the keyboard is claimed (in /var/adm/messages) to be removed
and then immediately restored with exactly the same messages as if the
keyboard was physically unplugged and then plugged back in.  This
happens up to three times per day.  I encountered this with a Sun Type
7 keyboard (two units tested) and a Logitech keyboard.

When a KVM is involved, then all connected hosts see the same event as
if it originates from the keyboard (or is specific to the keyboard KVM
input). When using the KVM, Solaris 10 and Windows 7 hosts recover
properly but with OpenIndiana the keyboard input is dead, even though