[OpenIndiana-discuss] Keyboard issues with OpenIndiana oi_151a9 (and OmniOS)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Sep 27 21:13:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I have similar problems with my Ultra 24 albeit not only on OpenIndiana.
> As a workaround I prohibit to let the keyboard going into sleep, eg. with
> lines like
> device-thresholds    /dev/usb/hid0    always-on
> in /etc/power.conf.
> Maybe this could help in your situation, too.

I just added similar entries.  However, my Solaris 10 and OpenIndiana
systems have:

autopm          disable

in /etc/power.conf.  Perhaps this would already have disabled device
power management?

It seems to be true that the device has never been 'unplugged' while I
have actively been using it.  It has only been unplugged while I am
away or sleeping.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn