[OpenIndiana-discuss] libusb-1.0

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 14:11:25 UTC 2016

Hello,

Recently I purchased a new digital camera (it was bargain!).
I took a few pictures and I wanted to see if I can use my
box to download the images to a hard disk. I used gtkam
and gphoton2. Nothing worked. After some google search

I realized that only the latest version of gphoton2

supports my camera. So I decided to compile libgphoton2,
gphoton2 and gtkam. Instead of using the old libusb, I
used the libusb-1.0. I have used  the follwoing patches

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/library/libusb-1/patches

to compile libusb-1.0. Then I compiled libgphoto2, etc. Also, I "installed"
ugen following the instructions at

https://github.com/yannrouillard/opencsw-pkg/blob/master/libgphoto2/trunk/files/solaris-10-usb-digital-camera-howto.txt

When I use atkam as simple user it fails to detect my camera but when I use it as root, it works just fine.
This is really a good development!

A.S.