[OpenIndiana-discuss] almost stupid question about rpools

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Aug 3 20:28:07 UTC 2016

3 августа 2016 г. 20:59:18 CEST, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> пишет:
>Hello,
>I have an almost stupid question: supposeI install OI on a disk. The
>system has two more disks that have their own rpools.Then, what is the
>best way to mount thesetwo rpools? Should I rename the oldrpools or
>should I mount them on altermativeroot folders?
>Regards,Apostolos
>Στάλθηκε από το Ταχυδρομείο Yahoo σε Android

AFAIK every pool should have a unique name. You can import by guid (seen in `zdb -L` or `zpool status`, maybe `zpool import` listing too), but you may be required to specify an argument to set another name for the pool to avoid import conflicts. Orthogonally to that I'd specify an alternate root for each (during mount or via pool properties to persist) to avoid mount-time conflicts between datasets and other surprises.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android