[OpenIndiana-discuss] current version of Hipster problems

Dr Robert Pasken rpasken at eas.slu.edu
Tue Feb 9 13:48:25 UTC 2016

Configuration:
 	Sun Ultra-40m2 AMD-2222 (3.0Gz opteron)
 	32gb memory
 	rpool on a 72gb 15k rpm SAS
 	home on a 300gb 15k rpm SAS
 	Fresh install of current Hipster followed by
 	pkg refresh --full, pkg update --be-name oi-hipster
 	and a reboot

Problems:
 	what package is crt0.o crti.o, crtn.o stdio.h .... in
 	I'd like to compile Bacula, groff, wgrib, netcdf, WRF,
         but configure fails on all because even though I have
 	sunstudio-12.1 and gcc-49 installed these pieces, but
 	these pieces are missing.

 	Firefox (44.0) hangs the system for 3-5 minutes after
 	start, ie., click on the icon, then all 4 cpu pegged
         at 100%, disk i/o goes to 100mb/s on rpool, network
         traffic zooms way up. Every part of the system is
         unresponsive, ie., the mouse and keyboard don't work
 	until firefox finally stops banging on the system then
 	alles ist ordnung

Cheers
RWP